- Trainee Account – an individual subpage containing Trainee’s data, created by ISSA Educational Platform for Trainees during the registration process.
- ISSA Educational Platform – a website which is an interactive educational platform operating at my.issa.global
- Terms of service – Regulations of the ISSA Educational Platform
- Service Provider – ISSA Operations Ltd. based in: 3rd Floor 207 Regent Street, London, W1B 3HH, United Kingdom, with Company number: 08996217; with an executive office in Poland located at: ul. Tadeusza Borowskiego 2 room 27, 5th floor, 03-475 Warszawa, Polska, VAT-number: 524-267-87-48.
- Trainee – an individual with full legal capacity, who has completed the registration process and has a Trainee Account on the ISSA Educational Platform.
II. General provisions
- These Terms of service set out the rules for the use of the ISSA Educational Platform located at the following internet address: my.issa.global and constitute regulations for the provision of services by electronic means within the meaning of the Act of 18 July 2002 on the provision of services by electronic means (t.j. Dz. U. 2013, poz. 1422).
- The owner of the ISSA Education Platform is the Service Provider.
- Through the ISSA Educational Platform, the Service Provider provides electronic services in the form of free access to educational resources collected on the portal. Service Provider allows Trainees to use the application to solve knowledge tests on Service Provider’s activities and to track their achievements in solving these tests.
- The Service Provider’s e-mail address for the Trainees contacts on the ISSA Educational Platform and the services provided within it is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All correspondence related to the provision of services will be sent to the Trainee’s e-mail address given at registration. The Trainee is obliged to inform the Service Provider immediately of any change in his or her e-mail address.
III. Technical requirements
- In order to use the services provided by the ISSA Educational Platform, it is required to have a computer or other electronic device with access to the Internet, a web browser installed (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome) and to have a Trainee Account.
- Registration of a Trainee on the ISSA Educational Platform takes place by completing the registration form available on the ISSA Educational Platform website.
- Before registering, the Trainee shall read and accept the Terms of service.
- The Service Provider provides access to the ISSA Educational Platform to all interested Trainees, regardless of the knowledge, skills and experience of sailing and/or motorboat.
- Each Trainee can only have one Trainee Account. The user is obliged to provide only true and up-to-date data.
- The Trainee shall log in to the Trainee Account using the login, which is his/her e-mail address, and the password generated during the registration process.
- It is forbidden to share the login and password of the Trainee Account with third parties or use them in a way that allows other people to familiarize themselves with the Trainee’s login and password.
VI. Principles of service provision
- After logging in to the Trainee Account, the Trainee gains free access to an interactive educational internet platform, where he or she can:
- solve knowledge tests on the Service Provider’s activities,
- keep track of their achievements in solving these tests.
- The Trainee is obliged to use the ISSA Educational Platform in a manner consistent with the Terms of service, applicable laws and good manners.
- In particular, it is prohibited to use the following resources on the ISSA Educational Platform:
- for purposes not related to the improvement of their own knowledge,
- for direct or indirect commercial or promotional advertising purposes,
- in a way that infringes the rights of others, in particular copyright infringement.
VII. Termination of services
- The service agreement shall be terminated upon the deletion of the Trainee Account.
- The Trainee may at any time, without giving any reason, delete his or her account by requesting the Service Provider to delete the Trainee Account in the form of an e-mail or a traditional letter. The Service Provider shall delete the Trainee Account and all data collected thereon within 14 days of receiving the Trainee’s request. Information about the deletion of the Trainee Account shall be sent to the Trainee in the form of an e-mail to their e-mail address.
- The Service Provider reserves the right to delete a Trainee Account without the Trainee’s consent if:
- the Trainee does not comply with the provisions of the Terms of service, in particular if the Trainee has more than one Trainee Account on the ISSA Educational Platform or if the Trainee provides false or outdated data,
- the Trainee uses the ISSA Educational Platform in a way that violates applicable laws or good manners,
- the Trainee will not agree to the change of the Terms of service in the mode provided for in Section X „Final provisions”.
- Before the deletion of the Trainee Account for infringement of the provisions of the Terms of service, the Service Provider shall call on the Trainee to stop using the Trainee Account in contravention of the Terms of service in force, setting a 14-day period and informing the Trainee that in the event of ineffective expiry of this period, the Trainee Account shall be deleted.
- The Service Provider has the right to terminate the contract for the provision of the Service with 30 days’ notice if further provision of services has become impossible or significantly difficult due to technical, organisational or legal reasons. Information about the termination of the agreement shall be sent to the Trainee’s e-mail address provided during registration.
VIII. Personal data
- The administrator of Trainee’s personal data is ISSA Operations Ltd. based in London, 207 Regent Street, W1B 3HH London, United Kingdom, email@example.com. Personal data is processed pursuant to Article 6(1)(a) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
- The provision of personal data is optional but necessary for the proper functioning of the educational platform, including the operation of a user account that allows the user to: a) solve the tests, b) follow the Trainee’s performance in solving the tests.
- Trainee’s personal data will be processed only by ISSA and by the administrator of the server providing disk space for the website and educational platform (H88 S.A. based in Poznań, ul. Franklina Roosevelta 22, 60-829 Poznań).
- Trainee’s personal data will not be shared by ISSA with other entities. Trainee’s personal data will not be shared or transferred to a third country/international organisation.
- Trainee has the right to access his/her data and to rectify, erase, limit the processing, transfer his/her data, withdraw his/her consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing. Trainee also has the possibility to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Trainee’s personal data will not be subject to automated decision making, including profiling.
- Trainee’s personal data will be kept for 10 years.
IX. Complaint procedure
- All complaints regarding services provided within the ISSA Educational Platform shall be submitted in writing to the address of the Service Provider’s executive office in Poland or to its e-mail address.
- The complaint should include:
- the name and postal or e-mail address of the person lodging the complaint,
- description of the reasons for the complaint,
- content of the possible claim.
- Complaints will be considered within 14 days of receipt.The decision on the complaint will be sent to the e-mail address provided by the complainant.
X. Final provisions
- The Terms of service are valid from 10.03.2020. The content of the Terms of service is available in the seat of the Service Provider and on the website of the ISSA Educational Platform at my.issa.global.
- The Service Provider reserves the right to change the Terms of service. Any amendments to the Terms of service shall come into force within the period indicated by the Service Provider, not less than 14 days from the date of making them available on my.issa.global and issa.global websites.
- The Service Provider shall inform the Trainees about changes in the Terms of service to the e-mail address provided during registration. If, within 14 days from the date of informing the Trainee about the change of the Terms of service, the Trainee does not send to the Service Provider, to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, a declaration of non-acceptance of the introduced changes, it shall be deemed to have accepted the changes to the Terms of service.
- When the Trainee receives information about the change of the Terms of service, he/she shall be informed that if he/she submits a declaration of refusal to consent to the change of the Terms of service within 14 days of receiving information about the change of the Terms of service, his/her Trainee Account shall be deleted.